There are so many reasons I love this cheesecake!!!
- Love lemon! 2. love cheesecake 3. so simple to make 4. no baking 5. cheap 6. lighter than a normal cheesecake 7. quick to make 8. freezable 9.no eggs needed 10. can be made in advance (think that’s enough – for now)
So easy to adapt!
This is a less stodgy cheesecakes than the norm and really is my go-to recipe for cheesecake. Since the lemon flavour comes from the lemon jelly and lemon juice, you can easiy substitute the jelly for strawberry, orange…whatever flavour you fancy for your cheesecake of choice.
Ingredients (feeds 6 – large portions of course!)
- I used around 250g digestive biscuits, crushed into crumbs (I use a rolling pin in a bowl)
- 115g unsalted butter
- 2 small tins or one large tin of evaporated milk (chill this in the fridge or even freezer for a bit first)
- Juice of 2 lemons or 3 small ones
- 200g of cream cheese – I use about 220g personally!
- 160g of caster sugar
- 1 ¾ of lemon jelly dissolved in 3 tablespoons of boiling water (pop it in the micro for a few secs to liquidise)
- Melt butter and add biscuit crumbs – pop into lined baking tin and cool in the fridge
- Whip cream cheese with the sugar and lemon juice
- Add the dissolved jelly to this and whisk like crazy!
- In a separate bowl whip up the chilled evaporated milk till it goes pretty thick then add this to the other mixture and mix
- Pop this onto the biscuit base and put in the fridge to set for a couple of hours at least